CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's up Doc?


I dragged my MRI into the Ortho Dr, and he gave it a careful look. Good news is that he thinks surgery is a last resort and most likely not needed for me. Bad news, he wants me to lay off the heavy lifts - especially the overhead lifts. Take some anti-inflammatories and get rehab 3x a week on the ol' rotator cuff. See you in a month.


Doc, why don't you just kick me too. I love lifting heavy weights, and especially overhead. No heavy clean, no snatches, no oh squats, no jerks, etc... Guess I am going to be subbing in box jumps and burpees like a mother.

I did decide that I am still going to participate in FGB. I may have to use a smaller KB, but I really want to be a part of that. So I will.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Mark...with regard to FGB...I'd recommend trying the sumo deadlift high pulls instead of the KB. I tried them for the first time this week, and I found them to be easier at 75# than the KB at 70# because the weight is on the ends of the bar and not right under your hands. Might be easier on the shoulder. Get better soon.

    Hazen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hazen. I will definitely try that. And I certainly plan on getting better, although sitting out, or subbing out, is hard to do.

    ReplyDelete