CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, September 18, 2009

FGB Prep

This is my first year of CF and therefore, my first FGB. Harold gave me some sage advice, that this is a battle between your mind your body. He is right about that.

While I may be good at certain things - push ups, single rep max lifts - my endurance still suffers. FGB and the prep work is brutal, but it is good for me and I like it in some sick way. Todays prep was the hardest metcon I can recall. All 5 FGB stations for 40 seconds on, 20 seconds to rotate (and keep score) and 5 times around!!!!!

At one point in round 3 or 4 I felt like giving up. My scores suffered, and things got fuzzy. But when Jerry called out last round, I got psyched up and was able to pick it back up a little. Clearly push press is my best event, followed by box jumps, KB pulls, WB and then the lowly row. I have to chat with some people have been through this to make sure I have some strategy.

This was hard, hard, hard.

Score - 308. I dont know or care how that stacked up. I know I pushed through when I wanted to quit and I kept moving. That is all I can ask of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment