CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another day, another PR, blah...blah...blah

I walked in today with low expectations. My cleans from the hang have never been anywhere close to my abilities from the floor. Cause I was doing them wrong!!!! My current floor power clean PR came last week when I hit 187.

Today it clicked with help from Melissa, and by watching Joel's perfect form and Chad C.'s lightning fast elbows. Plus new Chris, went from bad to perfect form in 10 minutes right before my eyes. That was inspiring.

It is all about getting the butt back and creating that lever effect. I had been dipping my knees and going straight down. Watching rep #1 on video was an A ha! moment. Once I fixed that, the weight kept going on and going up. 65, 85, 105, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 187 fail, 185, 190 fail - and done. 12 attempts is plenty. 190 was so close I could taste it. A heartbreaker.

So many 200+ lifts today. I am so ready to hit that. 125% of my body weight sounds awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment