CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Front Squats 1*1*1*1*1, etc.......

I thought that my previous PR on front squats was 145. But Melissa reminded me of Sept 1 session where I did 200.

Working with Vinnie and Jack We moved up from 135 20 lbs at a time and then 10.

I got 205 (PR) and then jumped to 215. As I pulled away from the rack, Joel had a missed rep and I let that negative vibe into my head, and lost focus. As soon as I got down, I bailed out.

Time out. Water, focus, clear my head, and then try 210 instead.

Much better. Last attempt of the day (set # 8 already) was at 215. Felt good and then got a little stuck at the bottom. Gave it every thing I had, and slowly - very slowly - came up. That rep felt like an eternity, and I was seeing some serious stars.

Called it a day. A good day.

Vinnie is a beast - 300 and it looked easy.

1 comment: