CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Clean & Sober

I like a nice drink once in a while, and sometimes several. Whether it is a beer at dinner, or a long night of drinking, I enjoy both.

But my Dr.'s advice to heal my shoulder includes taking Relafen, an anti-inflammatory drug for 30 days. Relafen comes with a warning not to mix with alcohol, so here I am - looking at 30 days without a drop. This will be a real test for me, and I am not sure that I can actually do it.

On day 2, I grabbed a beer with dinner and was about to open it, but somehow managed to put it back in the fridge. On Friday, my boss wanted to go to the Fishmarket after work, and I drank water while he had a cold schooner.

I am greatly enjoying the fresh feeling of waking up these days. For example, today - Sat, I woke at 7 am and started cleaning, so that I could get some chores in and still make it to CF Sat. We did runs, and maybe it was a really nice morning, but I thought running this am felt incredibly nice.

I will report back on how my mission goes and what effect it has on my weight, energy and attitude,

No comments:

Post a Comment