CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Deadlift X3 - 315# a 25# PR!

Feels good. PR on 7/30 was 290.

Today I did sets of 3 at 135, 185, 225, 275, 305 and then 315. The last rep on 315 was a real dog fight. Felt a serious buzz after that one. Glad the camera was off.

Before and during the set I was in a zone. By 305, I was the only one still lifting, so eyes were on me. I was locked into an angry determined zone (as you can see on my face in the pics below)

If the last struggling rep is where you build strength, than I am stronger now than I was this morning.

And now some pictures.








2 comments:

  1. Coach - I was still pissed about my score in FGB. True or not, I feel that my score did not reflect my abilities. Once again I think I went out too hard and faded. It was an exciting day, and I got caught up in it.

    Plus my Dr gave me the green light to go all out with the exception of O/H presses.

    The combo gave me the permission and the desire to nail these deadlifts.

    I think my form held tight throughout, which means that next time I am fresh and singles come up, I am going to be be looking at stepping it up again. Rep #1 at least of 315 felt solid. 2 was tough and 3 was a battle.

    Not bad for someone that a few month ago was told by a coach that "deadlifts might never be my thing." Like you, I do not like to be told what I can't do.

    ReplyDelete