CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

For the love of burpees

First of all, today is a rest day. I am a little sore (um, maybe very sore) after just 2 days this week- so I am going to listen to my body and rest. Also, today is my consult visit with the orthopedic surgeon to review my recent shoulder MRI. I am fairly certain that I do not need surgery, but I want an actual Dr. to look at my shoulder and agree with my personal assessment. What does a possible minor small SLAT tear mean anyway? If he says no, then it is back to the chiro and lots of stretching.

But for today’s post, I write about burpees. Just saying the word strikes fear into many people. And I used to be one of them. But all of a sudden, something clicked, and I find that I can do them. And the more that I am doing, the faster I can go. So all of a sudden they are fun for me. Exercise can and should be fun. As in, watching a kid run across a playground becuase it is fun. Not sure how or when this happened, but it feels great. I guess as I continue to lose weight - now 163 - they have gotten easier - than when I was 186! The primal blueprint is still working for me. I also bought and read "Paleo for Athletes" which has some good tips as well.

Believe me, there are a lot of things that do not feel great to me – box jumps, rowing, squat cleans, lots of wall balls -but for now, I can cross burpees off my list of things I dislike. Oh, wait, I just ticked of 60% of the FGB workout. I am going to suffer that day. But today is a rest day, and I am going to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment