CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, September 04, 2009

Diane - First Friday

Going into today, I knew I could deadlift 225, and I knew I could do a handstand pushup; but I was really not sure if I could do 21-15-9 reps of each, or how long it might take.

Bad move - I watched Pat Barber do Diane in 3:01 on the main site. While we are similar size, he is an elite athlete, and I am not. He did 21 of each exercise like it was a warmup. I was kind of relieved to see that he did not do the whole damn thing unbroken.

I was warmed up and ready to 3,2,1, GO.

I was able to do 10, 5, 3, 3 deadlifts and 12. 5. 4 in HSPUs. Wow, not bad. As we progressed, it was a real dog fight to keep the back from rounding and to keep moving. Deadlifts drain you and are not really a speed exercise in my mind. I guess if you are really strong, then 225 can be. But I had to battle.

The last few HSPUs I did not use the wall with my legs. The upward momentum kept me balanced on my hands - that was cool.

8:42 and out. Looking forward to a happy hour and a holiday weekend. see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment