CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, September 14, 2009

Max Wt Chin plus AMRAP sq cleans and pushups

I was able to get 68lbs plus me up and over, but failed on 70 twice. Guess I know where my max is right now.

But that was nothing. the 10 minutes AMRAP 5 sq cleans and 10 pushups sent me gasping outside when done. My legs had no pop at all, and even with only 95lbs on the bar, this totally gassed me. When you feel like that on a Monday, you have to wonder what you have been up to and if it is time for a rest day.

Perhaps it was my day last Friday that included, a 7 am wake up, a 4 hour BOD meeting, 4 hours of emailing, a visit to CrossFit NYC, and then 8 hours of mild to moderate drinking with my HS friend and a coworker. Last call 4 am - yup time for bed. 4 hours of sleep, time to get to the airport. Then a weekend of chores.

I am tired just reliving that.

1 comment:

  1. p.s. I feel completely drained, and unexpectedly so. There are many different aspects of fitness, and Crossfit tests them all. While just the other day I blasted a PR in the hang power clean, hitting 5 in a row, round after round absolutely crushed me - even at 95 pounds.

    I felt good doing Barbara - (30 minutes of body weight exercises with 12 minutes of breaks thrown in), but mixing the weight into the metcon is a chink in the armor. Same thing that happens to me at some point in Fran and Grace.

    Gotta keep working.

    ReplyDelete