CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Run, Row, Pull, Push

3 rounds: 400m run, 300m row, 20 pullups, 10 loupees (2x pushup burpees)

Hopper training continues. This WOD is NOT up my alley, but I wanted to do well anyway. I am a slow runner, and a worse rower. I did not allow myself any standing around time - if I had to - 3 breaths and go - cause you are not going to recover more than that anyway. On the runs, pick a person and try to chase them or stay ahead of them. But be realistic. Danya was on my tail and I know she is faster than me, but I would not let her pass. Lynnette was ahead of me, but there is no catching her - watching her run is like poetry. Effortless and fast. Damn her.

I knew this was WOD just short enough to go for it. Another round or two would have changed this dramatically. But I just kept pushing. Came in last on my first run, but then steadily picked up the pace.

17:24. Not the best time of the day, but I beat some people that I would not have expected to. Jack ran the first run like he was on fire, but was able to keep going. Wish I was 24 again.

Team B. Awesome was very awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment