CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rest Day

Cause I deserve it. And because 3 on, 1 off says so.

Frankly I deserve to destroy myself with today's Filthy Fifty WOD. When given a choice to work on strength or met con, I always choose strength. I shouldn't. On a scale of 1-10 I would say my strength is an 8. Of course it has improved a lot, but it was good when I walked in the door. I digress, and of course in the CF world there are plenty of people stronger than me, but in the regular world not too many 5'7" 161# people who are. Whereas my technique and met conditioning are both closer to 5. I am the John Stamos of CF. (30 years in the business and while he is still good looking, he still can't act for crap)

Enough of that. If anything, I should have taken the option of doing the deadlift metcon yesterday with runs and box jumps. But lifting 300#+ multiple times is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment