CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sectionals Open - Take 1, or 2 or 12

It is Crossfit Games season. Over the next few weeks over 20,000 people around the world are trying to narrow down to under a 1,000 to go to Regionals in May and then about 100 to the CrossFit Games in July. So 100 out of more than 20,000 will get to compete in the CrossFit Games - and 99.5% of us are not going. Are the 0.5% who make it the best possible people - of course not. Will the 100 people be really fit people? Sure, but maybe not the exact 100 fittest. But the ultimate winners will be super fit. Is the fittest possible person in the world going to have a bad day and not do well. Happens all the time. Sorry.

The Sectionals Open process is turning into a mess. Terrible computer problems. A one week postponement already in week 1. And in my mind, the worst possible rules. You have 5 days to do the workout once posted. Do it every day if you wish. And for week 1, an extra week on top of that. I don't get it.

I am going to do each of the 6 workouts exactly once. If I do poorly, so be it. But I am doing it once and move on. Not even worrying about it. I am going to learn from each workout and work on what I did poorly on.

In my mind, a competition means you step up to the platform and do your best. No second chances.

(1 exception - Say for some reason a really well organized event messes up and none of the women's scores count)

No comments:

Post a Comment