CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crossfit Sectionals WOD1

I participated in WOD 1 as part of the Patriot Crossfit event. 95 athletes from more than 10 Crossfit affiliates participated. The energy and performances that took place were amazing.

See the great video that Koz took here featuring some of the CFOT team.

I will say that I spent almost 5 hours there for my 10 minute WOD. So I am not sure if I will do all 6 like that. But this was a great experience.

WOD 1 was a 10 minute amrap of 30 double unders and then 15 ground to overhead with 75 pounds. I completed 4 full rounds. I was metabolically taxed by this and struggled. Fewer and heavier movements over a shorter period would have been better for me, but it is all fair game.

Here is me in action. I chose to clean and jerk (or press) the 75# rather than snatch it. I suspect it is slower, but worked better for me. My judge Aaron from Potomac CrossFit. Did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment