CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year to All

Hoping everyone reaches their fitness goals in 2011.

And what are mine, you ask?

Funny thing. Here I am. 41 years old. Great wife, great daughter, great job, and my fitness level is 1,000 times better than it was 2 years ago. I am not the best Crossfitter, but I am decent at most things, good at some, and great and one or two (strict press bodyweight plus 30# anyone?)

So in other words, it is pretty easy to take a casual attitude and just coast along doing the same old. Only that is not how I got this thing going. But instead, it is what I did for 10 plus years as I let things go. No specific goals, no direction, and no measurable standards.

For 2011, I am going to break it up into medium term goals. Goal #1 is tied-in with Pete's Paleo Challenge.

I am in it to win it. And by win it, I mean accomplish my written goal. To go from current 162 to goal of 157 in 12 weeks. As I wrote there:

I am ready for the PPC. Starting weight a sorta puffy 162. Goal=157. Sure, that sounds easy, but this is literally the "last 5" and I have not been lower than 160 since age 16. In 2009 I went from 187 to 165 while following the Primal Blueprint, in 2010 while being mostly strict - I lost a grand total of 2#. So this 5# is a solid challenge for me. Wild cards - 2 trips to Vegas in Q1. Brief, but I am gonna lose a lot of points there



So there you have it. I have a goal, I wrote it down, and I will let you all know how it goes.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment