CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, January 24, 2011

Heavy Fran

It's Fran, but its heavy.

15/12/9 of thrusters with 135# and then pullups with a 45# kb.

The thrusters were hard. But I was able to do this (/ means I dropped the bar):

Round 1 - 6/5/4 = 15
Round 2 - 4/3/3/2 = 12
Round 3 - 3/2/2/2 = 9

And I did not spend too long staring at the bar.

Pullups with the 45# kb are tough. I did chin ups with a mild kip to keep the bell from swinging around. I could only do 2 or 3, and then 1 or 2 later on. But not too much rest. I will try to put the strap around my chest rather than my hips next time and see if I can do a regular kip?

This hurt less than Fran because the heavy weight forced me to stop. Even 6 thrusters at 135# is still just 6 reps. Does not hurt as bad as 10+ in a row at #95. Plus, Heavy Fran is 20% fewer (although 40% heavier) reps than Reg Fran, and I took 8 minutes vs about 5. So 20% less reps in 60% more time, means it is more a paced exercise. Now I have the Fran bug again, and want to beat my 5:20 PR. I bet I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment