CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, November 08, 2010

The Hopper - Event 1

I have a ton of thoughts about the Hopper. Some good, some bad, some frustrating. But if you know me at all, you know that I am a positive person. So despite not being happy with the way the Hopper was administered, I am not going to dwell on that. I would have loved to have the opportunity to show some of my skills, but I did not really get to. What I got to do, was to push through on some of the very worst things that could have come up. I am a short, light guy so rowing is not for me, and it came up not once, but twice in three events. And while I may be strong for my size, deadlifting 172% of my bodyweight for high reps in a short timeframe is also not up my alley. But if nothing else, I did not give in, and I did not quit on my team. So there is that. Enough bitching. Cause if I was stronger, smarter or more skilled, I would have done better. And next time I will be all three.

Team WOD #1;
two parts:
1 guy and 1 girl work at a time and then switch. So you are either resting in minute 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. Alternating with a minute each of
Row for calories
Burpee Box Jumps
Then right into:
Part 2:
100 deadlifts for time
275#/185#

Time limit 6 minutes. Share 1 bar. Load it yourself and switch weights yourself.

Sadly we came up short. 96 reps. So, another 10 seconds and we would have finished. We came in 1st among teams that did not get all 100 reps, or 11th overall. Hindsight is 20/20, but the first 4 minutes of the wod did not matter as much as finishing the deadlifts. Going all out on the row was not smart, cause I was tired before deadlifts #1, and would have liked to been able to do more. Live and learn.

The other CFOT team benefited from our knowledge and was able to pace. That and Adam Murphy's Performance gave them a 4th place finish in that event.

Hoping next year it will be a pushup, handstand pushup, push press, pull up medley - and I can show some of those punks how it is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment