CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, March 15, 2010

If hands could cry


My hands are wearing down. Last Friday with the heavy deadlifts, I ripped up a mess of hand on my left. And on the right, several layers are still missing and trying to rebuild.

So today's 5 intervals with 20 pullups did not help.

I stayed between 4 and 5 minutes and held it together pretty well until the last 2 rounds. My first three were 4:10, 4:05 and 4:00. I actually warm up slowly, so this makes some sense. But then I could not maintain - especially on the pullups. Had to break them up too much. Melissa correctly points out that when I am tired, I try to muscle them and not kip. Stupid, stupid, stupid - I know.

So anyway - 4 more days until spring break. A week in Fla - and a week break from the box. I feel I need it, and my hands certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment