CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, March 01, 2010

3/1 - OH Squat, run and lateral burpees

Rx weight was 115 - which is my PR. I scaled all the way to Porch of 85#. I was dreading this workout. First of all, after hitting last Thurs, Fri, Sat and the 2 hour seminar on Sunday - I am exhausted. Secondly, I am terrible at OH squats.

But funny enough, with that very low weight, and my ability to lift heavy things over my head, the bar pretty much felt weightless up there, and I was able to concentrate on the squat. So all in all, this felt pretty good, and I was able to get through it with one partition in the first two rounds and then all 9 in one shot for the last round. Lateral burpees and running were solid as I just tried to keep mentally tough and keep moving. Resting is not going to make you feel better, so might as well finish. So I did - in 14:05.

And hey - my ahem, groin, injury did not bother me at all. I will be careful, and keep stretching, but that was a pleasant surprise.

Next time, more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment