CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, August 21, 2009

Squats with no spots

After 5 days without lifting a weight, I was raring to do something. Instead of driving 30 miles to CF Lewes, I did the CFOT WOD at the local gym.

I cannot do OH squats, so I did fronts. My last 3 rep effort was 145. Given that I had no spotters, I hit 155 and called it a day. I could have done more, but I also could have loudly collapsed onto the globo-gym's clean floor. They would not like that.

p.s. The one sign they have at the squat rack is: No Chalk!

p.p.s. Before the WOD I did 50 med ball cleans while facing the mirror. I was careful to make sure the shrug portion was solid. I think these are helping.

Mark Davis

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment