CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, August 10, 2009

8/5 A littls mid week MetCon

5 rounds: 275m run, 9 ring dips, 12 pushups & 15 WBs

Time 15:14.

I came in 1st in the 1230 class - Actually 1st of all people not named Chad - which means 3rd. Have I ever beaten anyone named Chad -or Chris for that matter- at CFOT? Not likely.

Nice little workout today. Hurt intensely and then it was over. Am I the only one that questions Jerry's sanity for pairing 5 rounds of WBs and runs on the day after heavy back squats? My pencil legs are revolting and cramping up. I work at a desk all day people.

I am still wrapping my mind around the fact that I am almost, sort of, nearly competitive with Chad and Chad. Two nicer or fitter people you may never meet - but I must destroy them. Just kidding. I am not competing with anyone, but comparisons are a good gauge of where I started vs. where I am. Used to be that a WOD with runs meant I would be last. Today, I felt slow and steady, but everyone looked a little slow today for obvious reasons. We are all getting better, but maybe I am on a faster curve because I had more fitness catching up to do.

Thursday rest day - ahhhhhh. I might even eat a piece of bread.
Next - Show-down vs. Grace! 135lbs of fun x30. (Grace the WOD not our classmate who I also can never beat

No comments:

Post a Comment