CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Saturday, August 15, 2009

3,2,1 Gone


2 weeks off. Yessss!



I feel like a teacher on the last day of school as I head out to our secret condo out at Bethany Beach. I say secret, because we are viciously jealous about the place and when people ask me "oh, you have a place at Bethany? Do you rent it when you are not there? - I immediately seize up. The answers are yes and hell no! One bad friend rental was all it took to keep this thing lonely and empty unless we are there. I call it our "investment" - cause real estate is such a good one lately.

Before we left I hit one last Sat CFOT WOD. Compared to last weekend - which I did not do - this was a quickie. But a perfect pre vacation run through of some good cleans, pullups, and metcon moves. I picked out people all around me that I am trying to get to their level. Mike H. easily cleaned 185 for 10 - I did 155. Felt good about my run - keeping pace with visiting coach Sam - yet Lynette passed us both like we were walking. And of course Soni knocked out the box jumps like he had springs on his feet. Wall balls required a small break, but that seems fair.

Finished in 16 something.

After class a big group was heading for a long run. Not me. I had my vibrams on, which I limit to 800m or less, plus I gots to go. Packing and laundry await, so we can head east and see the ocean before sundown.

I look very forward to taking a break from weights to recover - as I am sore to the touch in my shoulder and quads. Lots of swimming and throwing my daughter around in the pool. Functional fitness!

I will post randomly while away if anything funny or noteworthy happens. Have a great two weeks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment