CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, August 31, 2009

21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3, Ouch

WOD: 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3:
L-sits pull-ups & then
Strict Presses - 95#s

L-sits pull-ups are no fun. At best I can do 3 or 4 or maybe 5. So a set of 21 is a long fight. Strict presses with 95 pounds is OK for me. Although a set of 21 of anything is a lot, and the L-sit pull-ups take it out of you before you even get started.

Time: 25:59.
The L-Sits took me a lot more time than the presses did. The presses were OK. I had a few sets of 10+, and never had to put the bar down more than twice per round. I was very excited that I did the 9, 6 and 3 rep rounds without dropping the bar. How SONI did this in 21 something, I want to know. I know I stood gasping at the pull up bar for a while, but didn't everyone?

I had to pull a Harold halfway through. Coincidence that I was able to power through those last few rounds of strict presses, I think not.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I seriously thought I put up a horrible time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not see too many more sub 25. No one at 9 am was even done when I left. So nice work.

    ReplyDelete