CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rowing 101


Thanks to Ellen for the great coaching. Apparently I have been doing it all wrong. As she said, using her tips may slow you down at first, and it did.

WOD

was: Interval training 500m Row, 40 Squats, 30 Abmat, 20 KB Swing, 10 pullups.

I am such a dolt, I did not know what “interval” meant, and thought we got to do this once through and then go home.

Ha!


My times were not great, but they were consistent. I tried to rest 2-3 minutes only and then get back to it. I am short and have weaker legs, which makes my row weak. And my hand has a nice open pull-up sore on it. But despite that, my energy was good. If not for my family, I could have stayed and done 10 rounds.


But, I did do 2 rounds with the row, and 2 rounds without. At the end I felt like I was the only one still doing anything, which made me happy, because I know that putting in the hard work is its own reward.



Funny note – over the weekend we had some friends over including Chad N and his

wife Sue. At one point Chad asked my daughter which of us had bigger

muscles?

With the honesty that only a kid can muster, she confidently said– well, I’m not sure, let me see. After a quick pose down – much to the delight of all of our

guests – she declared me the winner. I have to keep it up though, Chad is currently on a west coast tour of CrossFit locations and is getting stronger every day. It will be a sad day when my own daughter turns on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment