CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, August 28, 2009

Back at it

I admit I am crazy. I woke up at 4am in Rehoboth; and instead of going back to sleep, I took off for home in one of our two cars we had on vacation. My wife and daughter smartly rolled over and left after the sun came up.

No suprise, I hit zero traffic - and got to Old Town in 2.5 hours. Just in time to unpack and go early to the 9 am CF Olt Town class. By the way, I am no fan of the upcoming schedule change. I can get away with showing up at work at 10 or so, but 10:30 is kind of obnoxious.

I was glad to see all the familiar faces and happy to hit a WOD with some heavy weights - today was a 7 rounds DL/t2b/burpee trio. It had been 2 weeks out of town and I lifted a weight once (front squats) and otherwise did just a few metcons.

It was a good day back. Took 17:16. Totally gassed. But I was psyched that I did the last 9 burpees fast with no breaks.

Then did a mile run in 8:46, that is good for me - actually best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment