CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, August 10, 2009

8/3 CFOT Team Competition

Fight gone bad variation

5 rounds, 5 stations, 5 minutes on, 1 minute off

3,2,1 Go!

Had to shuffle my schedule and go to class 0900. I bounce back and forth between that class and 1230 - and I like them both. Sometimes I just can make one and sometimes I can make the other. One of these days, I will go after work again as well. Since I am now 40, I can admit that I am sore and creaky in the am, and sometimes after work, I feel more ready to tackle the WOD. But today had to be 0900 and the team competition - creaky or not.

There were 5 guys and 4 girls in class 0900. Most of the regular suspects, although a few people shuffled around. I volunteered to start with the weight vest in round 1 and split time with the rower and push press.

Once again, lack of experience did me in a little. I went out really hard and had a huge row and then 45 push presses in round 1 - all with the vest. Pretty sure that I should have held back.

Round 2 I did not even want to do any push presses - does that sound like me? The rest was steady but really tired. I did 110 PPs during rounds 1,3,5 and bounced around the rest. Lot of box jumps too. As I looked around, I saw everyone really working hard. No one took any significant breaks save for a few second of gasping for air. And yet team 0900 came in dead last. Perhaps better strategy would have helped us.

Anyway, this workout really blasted me from the weight vested round 1, all the way to the end. I was useless at work today. So I know that I gave it all I had. Last place or not, it was a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment