CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Pull up, push up, run, repeat

Jerry has flat out told me that interval work should be my focus. When I run out of energy in a WOD - slow runs, standing around gasping, etc - he equates that to "not having a big enough gas tank". And to improve that, I should do intervals.

I agree, and I have tried to add some sprint or row repeats twice a week if we have a lifting day.

No need today, as the WOD was 5 interals of approx 20 pullups, 30 pushups and a 400m run. Each round we subtracted 2 of each, but the runs stayed the same.

Out of the gate I came in at 301. Joel had a blazing 245 and jack nearly ran me over to pass me at the door. After 2 minutes rest I was able to get 348, 402, 412 and 358. Looks like I went out too fast on round 1. I felt rough on the runs, but kept pushing. Knowing that I could collapse temporarily after each round helped. But I felt it. And the 80 degrees and hot sun were not helping. We went from mild to hot real quick.


No comments:

Post a Comment