CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Row, Jump, Press

WOD:
Row: 450m, 360m, 270m
Box Jump 24": 30, 24, 18
Press 135#: 15, 12, 9

I am short and an admitted slow rower. So between the rows, and jumping what seemed like up to my waist, I was not quick today. Luckily the last part of the workout was presses (anyway overhead) with 135# for 15, 12, 9. While others groaned, this was my only chance to make up some time. I aimed to never put the bar down, but ultimately settled for at least 9 in each round. That minimized the cleans and the time.

It felt really good to be able to do the last round unbroken. And knowing that all I had to do was get it over head 9 times and I was done, was a great incentive. Sometimes it is nice to have one of those proud moments. Crossfit can be humbling. There are so many things that I cannot do, that hurt while doing, and way too many days of being sore and tired. Getting a little success once in a while is nice.

Anyway, after the WOD I worked a little jerk press drill with Coach Melissa. I told myself that after the hopper, I was going to focus on form and disregard time and weights. So, I dropped way down to 65# and maybe had that "a-ha" moment. If you hear the click overhead of the weightless plates being stopped by the bar in the lockout position - you have made the bar weightless. Great cue coach. And a beautiful sound once you listen for it.

I will alternate this drill with my muscle up drills and see if I can have a decent jerk press and muscle up in 2009. Two goals. Lets see.

No comments:

Post a Comment