CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Push Press - Behind the neck, snatch grip edition

I did not have it today. I did not have the leg drive (wonder why - oh, it was the combined beat down from CFOT handed out this Mon-Wed) , I did not have pain free or loose shoulders and I did not have the killer instinct.

I worked up to 205 with a small press-out and then packed up without attempting to dethrone Soni and his earlier 225# lift.

I am sure I got some work in, but I went less than all out. Not sure why I bothered.

2 comments:

  1. 205 is still great work Mark!
    Soni looked about done at 205. He moved to 211, not sure if there was another in between but he finished at 225, even triad 235?
    Perhaps he'll give us a play by play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soni told me about it. He and Dan went at each other a little. That helps. I was on my own bar and in my own weight class at 915.

    I am sure I have more than 205 in me and look forward to another try down the road. I was hesitant to go all out today, on the first time doing this lift. Plus it is a little precarious - especially with my shoulder issues. I saw a lot of people dump behind their neck and that scared the crap out of me.

    I feel another wave of PRs coming up for me. I have recently hit multiple-reps sets of >90% of my deadlift and power clean PR. Love it.

    ReplyDelete