CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, December 03, 2010

First Friday - (Pre)

A great tradition at Crossfit Oldtown is First Friday where members complete one (or multiple) Crossfit Hero or Girl wods. This is great for several reasons.
*First, you get to do something you choose to do, rather than being told what to do, and sometimes it is nice to have a choice.
*Next, these are benchmark workouts that you can compare your results with others, or yourself over time. We don't do Helen or Badger that often, and certainly not more than once a year, so if you want, you can use this as a test - retest.
*It helps you get towards a goal. If you want a sub 5 Fran, then work towards it and knowing that you are going to do it in a few weeks will help you focus.

With all that, I love First Friday, but I am not happy about this one. I am recovering from a cold, and more pressing, is the 4 brutal workouts I have done without a rest day over the past 4 days. I can barely move my arms, so this is gonna be tough.

30 Muscle ups for time, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment