CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Foot Surgery = 8 weeks of limited CF

Got the X-rays back and the results are bad. My bone spur issue is bad and needs major corrective surgery.

It all stems from breaking my toe 10 years ago. It never healed correctly. In a way, this is a good thing. I limp when I walk and cant really press off my left foot. I have been compensating for years and more so lately. It has created all sorts of imbalances and limitations.

So July 13 - I will get it fixed. From what I understand:
1 week of crutches and no impact
2 more weeks of a boot and mild impact
5 more weeks of walking but low impact + some rehab

So, I technically can row, pullup, and other non toe related work after a few days - or a week. And back at it right after labor day.

Not sure how I am going to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment