CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jackie

Row 1,000m
50 thrusters - 45#
30 pullups

Time 6:57

Slow row (4:15) then go, go, go! (Really held back, but felt very fresh moving onto thrusters) Did thrusters 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 - only rested 3 counts - never dropped the bar. Honestly, thrusters felt great- like air squats.
Pullups - 22, 5, 3 - again - 3 counts and go. Tried to to all 30 but could not. Should have done 18/12. If it had been 50 pullups and not 30, it would have taken me another 5 minutes, because I was completely done.
Now my arms are on fire and my throat is raspy.

I have been experimenting with rests. Counting down in my head "3,2,1 go" seems to fake me out to start moving again - as if it was the beginning of a wod. Resting longer does not make me feel any better. Especially on workouts that are a one-time-through sprint, the faster you do the reps, the faster you are done.

Lunch bunch on fire - Jerry 2nd time through, a pukie, and some stubborn efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment