CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Hand stand holds

Funny thing. You would think that being good at handstand pushups would equate to static hand stand holds. But the more you think about it, the less that makes any sense. One movement takes speed and power, the other endurance. And even if I do 20 hand stand pushups in a row, that really only takes 30 or 40 seconds, which is really not that long.

So far today, most people on board with long static hold times were people that were strong, but lighter. Although not everyone fell in to that pattern, I sure did. In 7 rounds I had a combined 4:59, or about an avg or 45 seconds per time. Best was about 1:05.

We fooled around on the pullup bars with chain pullups, butterfly, one arm pullups, 2 finger pullups, 2 bar switch pullups, etc. Just killing time in between more static holds.

Then I worked some intervals to get ready from Fran part 2. I promise you all that my time at the end of July will be better than my recent 6:24 (PR) time. I am not sure if I can eclipse Kevin who is ahead of me. He is a good athlete. All I can do is work as hard as I can to get better, and I have 6.5 weeks left to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment