CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, December 14, 2009

Strict Press 1x1x1x1x1

Good Day / Bad day.

I had no time for Crossfit today.Work is crazy. My only shot was to abandon the "getting my daughter Stella off to school" routine and make 7:30. I feel guilty having done that.

WOD was strict shoulder press 1 rep max. Previously I hit 175# or 176#. Today I worked up to 17, then failed at 180#. After a short break and tip from Jerry, I got back and nailed it. A PR and a second effort to get there. That was nice.

Then it all fell apart. I did a crappy 6 reps at 70% (135#) Then I had to rush to work and skipped the ring sips and double unders. I actually need more work on them than the press. Better than nothing, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment