CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, December 07, 2009

Calling an audible

I could not make it to CFOT today. Between Monday morning rush, work, my daughters mid day flu shot and my wife working late, I missed all my chances. I could have gone a 6 am - not even. That is when my wife runs, and when I am still asleep.

Todays WOD was rough looking. 5 rounds of rope climbs, heavy push jerks and double unders. I went to the ol' sport & flex to do what I could.

Push Jerks: I tried the push jerks at S&H. Very hard to do when you are afraid to dump the weight. I was cautious. Worked up to 165 for 2 splits. Controlling on the way down, and not dumping the weight on their pretty floor, is harder than I thought. 2 reps was all I felt secure to do at a time.

Row: I hate the row, but I know it is a skill I need to work on. I did 250m intervals. Each time I adjusted the damper. 5, then 4, then 1, then 7 then 10. If you are not sure where to set it, I recommend this. While all of my times were slow, I did the best with it pinned to 10. Not sure why, but that is my new setting. Back to CFOT tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment