CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, September 23, 2011

Deadlift and Diane

2 reps on the minute for 10 min. Last time I worked with Jeremy and struggled along at 305 the whole time, while he easily worked up to hoisting 335 at the end. Funny thing, today I started fairly light at 225#, and then added weight as I went. I stopped at 295, but I could have kept going. It felt pretty good, despite the photo evidence to the contrary that showed me setting up to far forward and not sitting back enough. Something to work on.

Diane was interesting. I was a little tired from the deadlift session, and we had just a brief break. My handstand pushups have been good lately, so I did not even warm those up. Talk about cocky. But it turned out to be the right call. My deadlift slowed me down and the hspu's were good. I partitioned once each round until the end, when my deadlift fell apart and I had to do singles.

Time 4:27 - 3 seconds off my best.

Once I get my conditioning back a little, and get a handle on my tight hamstrings, I can get this under 4. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment