CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Friday, April 08, 2011

Sectionals WOD_3

So this was my week. After 2 weeks of high rep, light weight, long duration workouts - here it is. 5 minutes of heavy (165#) squat clean thrusters.

Be careful what you wish for. I love heavy weights. But squat clean thrusters at 7 pounds over my body weight - they get tough real quick.

You could do this in a variety of ways. But in essence they were squat clean thrusters. You could power clean/front squat/jerk the weight. But it is all the same. I was able to get 14 which is 28 pts.

The first 5 or so were ok. And then very quickly I was hardly able to stand up from the bottom of the squat. My 1 rep max front squat is 225 and rep max clean, press and thruster are all 205. So I was handling 75%+ of my max and that is what happened here. My poor little legs gave out and I had to recover longer and longer between each rep. I think I did 4 in the last 2 minutes.

14 is not too bad, but once again - even things I am good at, I can be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment