CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, July 26, 2010

OH Squats, GHD, 400m Run

My mind was so free after finishing the Fran Challenge. What a weight off my shoulders. Sure I am sore, but I feel better just being done.

Or at least I did. After 1 single round of OH squats, my legs failed me. "You want us to OH squat, and then run - hahahahaha" They actually said that. Round 2 was terrible, and then I took off some weight. I actually considered taking off more weight each round until I had a bamboo stick over my head.

So there you go.

Sunday - Fran challenge winner. Monday - puppy dog weight and very slow time.

p.s. Dwight was asking me for diet advice. Win a Fran Challenge and be on a nutrition panel and people start to look up to you. But I am certain that Dwight is in better shape than I am and has lower body fat. But my advice for him is like my advice for everyone. 5 simple things. 1. Keep showing up at CFOT and doing what is on the board. 2. Do a little extra to improve. 3. Get enough sleep. 4. Cut out the crap in your diet. 5. Roll out, pre-hab and rehab what hurts.

I bet those simple steps get you very far. Then tailor the rest as needed cause everyone is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment