CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Monday, November 09, 2009

Hopper Recap and some Pics

Just a few pictures and a few thoughts.

The team. What a group. I had already left, as did Blain and some others. I still had a full Sat to attend to.













Event 1 the push jerk. Or as I like to do it, the push press. No joke, I am going to be focusing on technique and I could give a crap about times, weights, etc... I need to improve.












Event 3. Front squats with 155 for 21-15-9 mixed in with KB swings of 53# of 18 - 30 - 42. Holy crap. I tried to hang with the big dogs and crashed - hard. My calf and quad was cramping, and I could only do two reps at a time. And then we had to clean it from the floor. Did I mention my cramping calf. I was afraid to jump. After throwing in the towel, I had a very painful calf lock up cramp. I could do no more. And it really sucks when that happens. Only 8 men finished at Rx weight. So I guess I was in good company.



Event 2. 30 reps at 105# over head and then a half mile (800m) run. How far have I come since joining crossfit? I could not make it 800m when I started. And on Sat, I placed 9th in this event. My eyes are closed in this picture, because I was close to home and in serious pain. But I actually look kind of fast.


Look forward to another hopper in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment