CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Saturday, November 07, 2009

CFOT Hopper challenge

I will have more to say about this later. Let's just say that I had some highs - finishing in the top 10 in the first 2 events - and some lows - hitting the Rx weight in event 3 and having a massive quad and calf cramp in round 2 causing me to throw in the towel, And oh yeah - some serious ass post event pain already. Could I have finished event 3? I would like to think no, and that I made the right choice. But I am having some second thoughts. Just like it is easy to cheer for some one else when you don't feel their pain, it is easy to revise history and think you could have pushed further. But 45 reps of essentially body-weight front squats is a ticket to the hurt locker, and for me it was a one-way ticket .

But I think I really did give it everything that I had, and today it just was not enough.

Tomorrow may be rough for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment