CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Front Squats


I could tell this would be a good day. The warmup of box jumps, bootstrappers and lunges felt good. When have I ever said box jumps felt good? Looking back, I see my 3 rep max was 155 and my 1 rep max 185. I worked up slowly and tried to remember all the many cues, including:

Fingertip grip with the bar rolled back onto the shoulders, elbows up, feet at 30 degrees out, butt back, keep elbows up, and drive it.

Did I forget something?

Anyway, I continue to feel strong and the squats were going down deep and up easy. 185 - my
previous PR - seemed like a breeze. Melissa video'd and everything looked good. No forward lean, etc... Then I hit 200 and felt good. Could have gone another round or two. I also skipped the run with Chad and Joel - each with sub a 7 minute mile!

But I called it a day. Maybe it was wrong not to use every ounce of stregth. Not to keep squatting until I failed on multiple attempts. Not to run the mile with speedy Joel and Chad C. But I can't take it to that point every time and expect to make it in 5 days a week. I just can't.

But I am not training for a hopper, the Crossfit games or some other hard-core goal. Honestly, I am training to be able to kick the ass of any delinquent that tries to date my daughter. She is almost 7, so I figure when I am between 50 and 70, I will be kicking a lot of ass. I better go call Tony Blauer! (here with a jacked up Chad N.)





No comments:

Post a Comment