CrossFit Over 40

WODs, Diet, Crossfit OldTown Gossip and Lifestyle Ramblings by MarkyD

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Deadlifts, HSPU and burpees

My blog is falling behind. I'm trying. But of late, I dont have a heck of a lot to say.

I have a long vacation coming up. So things may be quiet here. I plan to bring my bike to the beach and do some long rides. Maybe the 30 miles each way to CF ocean city, MD.

Yesterday was a 20 minute amrap or 3 deadlifts at 275, 5 hspu and 8 burpees. I did 9 rounds and then 1 more dl. I had some time at the end, but really, felt like my form was starting to go, and that to push it was a bad idea. I still believe that heavy deadlifts are not a good mix with a wod for time. But since they had them at the cf games, I guess I am in the minority. Deadlifts are the 1 exercise that scare me. I prefer to make sure I have perfect form so I dont get hurt.


Then the Haynesworth 300. I am an idiot. I marked off 25 Meters instead of 25 yards. And I failed the first run by 1 second.

What's the difference? Who knew, a meter is approx 39 inches and yard only 36. So - 25 meters is actually about 27 yards. Shave off 2 yards, times the 12 sprints, and of course I would have come in 1 second less.

I was actually happy that I passed on the second attempt even at the wrong distance. So I must be more fit that Fat Albert Haynesworth.

I will retake today just to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment